Monday, July 29, 2013

New and Tried and True

Today, I am participating the Optimum Organization linky party hosted by Kristen and Elizabeth.

If there is one thing I am not, it's uber organized.

Constantly working on it though!

Here are my tried and true organization items:

1.  My classroom library (tried and true)

 Wire shelving racks are a fraction of the price of regular shelves.
Plus if you have to pack up everything and move it to say your basement storage area, these take up a lot less space!
It does take about 20 mins to put them together every year when I come back.
I have had teacher friends of mine use zip ties to reinforce the sides.

Let's talk bins.  I know people use the plastic shoe box sized ones.  (I've been there are done that.)  I have found that these plastic ones from Target hold up really well.  I know they are a bit more pricey than the cheap ones, but I haven't had to replace them for the past 4 years.  (Knock on wood.)  I have been on the hunt for some more of them and found that they are only selling the black bins this year.

2.  Supplies and Papers (New)
Mail center!!!!  I am in love with this idea.  I have a take home folder system and passing out the papers was very time consuming.  Plus flyers only go home with just the boys or just the girls.
Here is my solution.  We will see how long it lasts.

Do you have any organization tips?  Link up and share them!

EmilyK

3 comments:

  1. I have a question. How did you get the gadget that tells you how many followers you have on bloglovin? I have tried google and bloglovin with no success.

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in the same place where you get the Bloglovin button.
      Log into Bloglovin
      Click on the drop-down arrow next to blue circle with the heart in it which is located at the top right-hand side
      Click on Bloglovin Button
      Underneath the selection of Bloglovin Buttons, you will see a selection of counters.
      Choose a counter by clicking on the get this icon button
      A window will open with a code. Click add Widget
      Another window will open asking if you are sure you want to add from another site. click add widget again.
      This should take you to your layout page and the button should be added.
      Move the button to wherever you want it and change the name if you wish. I changed ours to bloglovin followers because I didn't want it saying the same as the other bloglovin button.
      Last click save arrangements and you should be good to go.
      Email us if this doesn't work and we can help you out more. :)
      Antoinette

      Delete
  2. I have the same baskets for my books. I have mostly green and I went to get new ones yesterday and they only had black and white at my Target - I didn't know they weren't selling the other colors this year :(

    ReplyDelete