Monday, February 25, 2013

WHAT A WEEK!!!

I don't think words can quite paint a perfect picture of this past week!  So I have decided to include lots of pictures.  I know we have been MIA for about a week, but after some of these pics, you might understand why.

Let's start with the weekend before this last one!

Most of my family is from the Kansas City, MO area, but my brother Anthony, who is retired military, lives in Texas.  Anthony, my sisters, and I threw a surprise bridal shower for my niece and a surprise 50th birthday party for my sister-n-law.
Lots of family time and quite a blast!


Then I got to spend some fabulous time with my adorable nieces.  Here is a pic of me with one niece, Audrey, and her game of choice.




Monday came along with a slight cough and me being oh so tired which was to be expected after a busy weekend.

Tuesday was back to work and an exciting surprise from my amazing sister, Theresa, and adorable nieces.  A thank you for being such an important part of their lives.  I should be thanking them because I am so lucky to have them.



With Tuesdays wonderful surprise came also a not so wonderful cough and cold.

I was relaxing on my couch when all of a sudden I heard a loud noise and felt my building rattle just a bit.

"Did a bird hit my window? Did a car hit my building? An aftershock from a nearby earthquake... no can't be."

I looked out the window and everything looked fine.
Guessed it was nothing.
But when I looked again, people were out taking pictures.
So I went out and saw the sky filled with black smoke.

What had happened??
Come to find out, a favorite local restaurant, JJ's, had a gas explosion.
OMG... that was only a few blocks from me!
Many thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the lady who lost her life in the fire as well as to the owners and employees of JJ's.

Back to my cough and cold which led to me leaving work early on Wednesday.  Ugh!!!

Thursday brought a state declared weather emergency... SNOW, SNOW, and more SNOW!!!




Buried in and sick as sick can be brought about quite a difficult day.  But once again, my sister and brother-n-law came to save the day...  She got out in the awful weather and brought me soup and cards from my nieces.  Aren't they amazing?






Friday, I was lucky enough to have wonderful neighbors help dig my car out so that I can go to the doctor.  All I wanted was some miracle antibiotic to make me feel oh so better.
Not so much...  I had some virus that was going around which antibiotics where useful with.
I literally cried when the doctor said that.
Seriously... I did!
She asked me if I was depressed lol.  I said, "No, I've been sick all week and you just told me there was nothing I can take to make me feel better.  So that's what made me cry!!!"
I mean what a disappointment.
So here is what she recommended to treat my symptoms!


Saturday, I finally felt slightly human again and was able to meet up with some friends for dinner, TV, and Phase 10!
Boy did I need that!


And finally...
Sunday...
Went to the store to stock up for yet another snow storm coming tomorrow.  That was a complete mad house!!!

And ended the weekend with friends watching the Oscars! Yeah!!!


WHAT A WEEK!!!!
How was your week?  Did you get hit by the horrible snow storm? There weren't many warm places out there.
I think Texas had the highest temps with the 60's.
At least from what I saw.

Here's to this week and what it may bring! :)
Antoinette

8 comments:

  1. Whoa Antoinette! I hope this week is much calmer!! We've had a lot of snow too lately, more than I like :/

    I love that you are "Aunt-Nette"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week! I can certainly understand why you went MIA from the blog world for a little! I loved seeing all of your pictures-your nieces are so super sweet for bringing you those cards! I am glad to know you are finally feeling better!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that you got to play Hungry Hungry Hippos with your adorable niece- that would've been my game of choice too! :) Hope you have a great week!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen- We had another snow day today so this week is already calmer! Thanks :)
    Not sure about tomorrow as we didn't get near the storm that was expected. We did get hit hard, but luckily only about half of what was forecasted.
    I am so ready for spring.
    Thanks for the comment! :)
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda-
    Thanks for the comment. I am so happy to be feeling better also. My nieces are quite special girls. I have actually talked on the phone with one of the twice on her snow day. I am a lucky aunt! :)
    Thanks again!
    Antoinette :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aylin-
    It is one of my nieces favorite games and I enjoy it also.
    Hope you are having a great week also!
    Antoinette :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck! Sorry you were sick and snowed in! I've been sick too, but I got some meds, thank God. Though of course my stomach doesn't handle ANY antibiotics very well, so I had some bad reactions to manage. I learned that eating yogurt and then taking the pill helps. Duh Gayla. Oh well.

    That was so sweet of your sis-in-law & fam!

    Did I mention I'm jealous of your snow?? I'm one of the lucky Texans with the warm(ish) weather. Of course, the low today was probably 40, and I was freezing. :)

    gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayla-It was in the 30's but was sunny yesterday and you would have thought we were getting a heatwave. People were out without jackets.
    Today should be in the 40,s so might see some shorts. lol
    Missouri has a strange outlook on temperature. You never know what we're gonna get.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Antoinette :)

    ReplyDelete