Saturday, February 2, 2013

Currently February?!

Happy February?!
Farley's time maybe going slow, but ours isn't.
Just too many things to do!
This month, Emily's answers will be in red.
Antoinette's answers will be in Purple.


So let me explain!
I don't think there is really such a thing as way too much music.  Every February I get the winter blues, and the lack of live music in our city doesn't help my mood.  So, I listen to tons of Pandora and cds. Too many good bands out there...

My mom got me a Clarisonic for Christmas.  Love it!  
Seriously!  Everyone should have one. 
My hubs and I usually don't travel over Spring Break week, so I am super excited that this year we are going on a trip.  Since my 30th b-day is the week after Spring Break, we are splurging and flying to Charleston, South Carolina!
I can't wait!
In less than 40 days, hubs and I will be here!

Hubs and I are throwing a Mardi Gras party. Lots of cooking and cleaning to get done before next Saturday! 

Now my pet peeves:

No, you can't conversate with your friend. (But you can CONVERSE.)
The pencil is mines. (Really I didn't realize YOU were PLURAL.)
Where you at? (In a place that uses VERBS.)
I swear it's not that hard to speak proper English.
Plus, if you can't use the "big words" correctly, don't try to use them.

I was at the recycle center this morning. (My neighborhood doesn't have curbside.)
I was pleased to see lots of people.
I just wish that my school would recycle.  I inquired once about why we throw away 20+ cardboard boxes a week, since my school is right down the street from the recycle center.  I got no response. 
Seriously, way to be green!

I hate being micro managed.  You chose me to do the job, because I have the skills needed.  I have a college degree, I think I can handle it.  It's ok if you want to check my progress, but not ALL the time.  Trust me! 



Have you all ever watched Flashpoint??  I ABSOLUTELY love this show.  I started getting into it in the past year, only to find out that it was their last season!  SADNESS!!!  It is a special units police group who specialize in negotiating with people who are in dangerous situations and have chosen to take matters into their own hands.  Most of the time the people who they are negotiating with are good people but for some reason felt they needed to use violence to solve their problems.  For instance, a dad wanted a heart transplant for his daughter.  He held the hospital at gunpoint to try to get her to be next in line for a heart.  Crazy situation!  You almost can't blame him.  Well this unit tries to calm them down so that they don't do something that will get them into deeper trouble.  I LOVE IT!!!

My love this month remains Chris O'Donnell!!  lol  But I thought I would change things up a bit and go with Saturday.  Who doesn't love Saturday or any day off for that matter, which led to my thinking four day weeks aren't such a bad idea and the needing motivation. lol

I am looking forward to a few days off in the near future!  During spring break, my niece is getting married in California.  I am flying out there for the wedding!  My brother Anthony could throw quite the gathering, so I know it will be tons of fun.

Then in April, I am going with my family to the Gulf Shores for five days of sun and beach!  I am SOOO excited.  They went last year and I wasn't able to join them because I had training for my new job that week.  SADNESS!!  But this year, I am SOOO there!

We got paid early in December, which is nice at that point, but going 6 weeks without a paycheck is quite challenging.  Then on top of it, I am booking flights for the above mentioned trips.  So, "Abra Cadabra... Poof... Do I make more money???  Not so much! lol

So Pet Peeves...  I only went with just one... NEGATIVITY.  I am trying to have a positive outlook on life.  Have I been dealt the cards that I at one point thought I would get in life?  Not necessarily but I'm gonna play them with quite the poker face.  It is what it is, and I'm going to enjoy life regardless.  I could be sad and depressed about it, but my life is good; not perfect but I have so much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful family, awesome friends, and a great job.  Can't really ask for more! :)

With all of the changes in our district, there is a lot of negativity going around.  I wish people would see that it only makes matters worse.  Once again, it is what it is.  We can't change it so let's just make the best of it.  You only bring everyone else around you down when your words are negative!

Last- I have been trying to lose weight since August.  I have had my ups and downs, but as of yesterday I am down exactly 30 pounds.  I am so excited!!  My positive thought has been, "It's a means to an end and I'm gonna like the end."  So just wait until California and the Gulf Shores...  I sure am gonna love the lighter, healthier me!!!

Quote Time...  "Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power."  Shirley Maclaine

Thanks for reading what we are Currently doing?
What is currently going on with you?

EmilyK & Antoinette

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Flashpoint! I was also so sad to see it end!

    I hope that you both enjoy your upcoming vacations!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found you ladies through the Currently linky! I almost picked negativity as my pet peeve for the same reason!! We stopped in South Carolina last year on the drive back from Florida, it was beautiful! Enjoy!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Flashpoint too! I also need some more motivation to get some things done right now rather than later. Maybe some will pop up for both of us soon!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete