Thursday, January 3, 2013

Currently January

We LOVE Farley's Currently!  What a great way to start our blogging for the year.

Emily's answers will be in turquoise.  Antoinette's will be in blue.

My hubby finished Grad school in December. (Yeah!) His gift to himself for Graduation, Christmas, and whatever holidays come in the near future is his new guitar.  I won't bore you with the details, but it is his final dream guitar, so I am happy for that!  It also sounds pretty!

Winter Break seemed super short this year.  Good thing our first day back is a teacher work day without students.  Bless those that have to "hit the ground running."

I have set a few goals for myself this year.  I don't think I am going to call them resolutions, since I don't have success with those. I just hope that I can change some of my current habits to meet my goals.  The challenge is Old Habits Die Hard.

Everyone of us knows we need more time.  This year I would like to focus on making systems to work smarter not harder and hopefully get some free time back into my life. 

My One Little Word is Believe. 
I believe I can change.
I believe that the life changes I want to make will happen.
I believe that God will bless me with lessons that I need to learn.
Lastly, I believe that I will have a right ankle that works better.  (I broke it 5 years ago, and recently had my 4th follow up surgery on it, to  hopefully get better range of motion.)



Happy New Year everyone!  Hope you all had a restful break and enjoyed many holiday festivities.  I know I did.  I am ready for a new year and look forward to what the future has in store for me.

My listening and loving are quite similar; they both have to do with Chris O'Donnell.  Mmm Mmm Mmm He is such a hottie.  I love watching his bad boy character in NCIS Los Angeles.  Earlier in the year, we had training over iMovie and were asked to find pictures of a famous person.  I of course Googled my hottie. lol  Here is one of the pics I keep on my desktop to peek at every now and then.  I love his eyes. 

Thinking, wanting, and needing are quite similar as well because they all have to do with not wanting to return to work tomorrow.  My break was WAY TOO SHORT!!!  I have thoroughly enjoyed it and was able to hang out with many friends and of course my family.  Now that it is time to go back, I cannot sleep.  I got new pillows for Christmas and they are super soft and puffy.  You would think once my head hit them, I would be fast asleep but not so much.

I spent a good amount of time thinking of my OLW and wanted it to have something to do with a new year and accomplishing my goals.  So I chose courage.  Courage plays a HUGE role in change.  It's easy to keep doing what you've always been doing, so I choose to have COURAGE to embrace the changes necessary to accomplish my 2013 resolutions.  Every year, I have the same resolutions.  That's easy.  So this year I decided to not only continue with same ole resolutions, but take on another.  This year, I want to help other people by donating to two charities.  You might be wondering why this takes courage.  We all know teacher's don't make the best money and signing up to have money taken out of my account each month requires financial courage.  So many people have helped me throughout my life and now I want to pay it forward.

I hope you all have a fabulous 2013.  Every day is what we make it and I plan to have the courage to make this year one of my VERY best.

EmilyK & Antoinette

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Chris O'Donnell dreamy! I couldn't agree more! Love how you all blog together! Can't wait to read more or your thoughts throughout 2013!

    Dana :)
    Live Learn Teach for Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of your "OLW" are perfect: Believe and Courage! Great post!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete