Sunday, October 21, 2012

Prepare for the Marathon-Conference Week

This week is the longest week of the year!

Dun...dun...dun..tada...dun  (dramatic music)

Conference week!
We have them Tuesday, Wednesday, AND Thursday 4:30-8pm.

I KNOW!

In order to prepare myself, I took Sunday afternoon off.  (Not Sunday night though.)

I had a great day today with my hubby.

We took the afternoon to carve pumpkins!
Mine is the one with the dimples!
And I tried one of those cute pumpkins I have seen all over pinterest lately!

Here's the before:

Note to self, when trying this:
*Make sure there is no wind.
*Hot glue the crayons on the item.  (Thought I could just hold them.  It worked until the end.)
*Wear old clothes.
*Good call using old crayons.  The paper peeled much easier.

Here's the finished product:

It was SO much FUN!

How do you keep yourself going through a long week?
I am desperately in search of some tips.

I don't want to be the teacher showing videos most of Friday, because I am too exhausted to teach!

Plus, Antoinette and I would love it if you entered our 150 followers giveaway. 
You could win this:

Just click here.
EmilyK

2 comments:

  1. I love the crayon pumpkin! Super cute. :)

    I can't believe you have conferences after a full day of teaching - our kiddos leave at 11:35 during conference week so we can hold conferences from 12-4 ... and that's still la tough week! Good luck this week!

    -Dani
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin craft. Very cute!

    I am happy to be your newest follower! If you have time, please check out my blog :)

    Rae

    ReplyDelete