Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Introducing What's the theme? Wednesday

Teaching theme has inspired a new linky party!

Each week we will be hosting a link up to a new theme!


To start our first week:
So I probably should explain the way I book shop.  I love... LoVe... LOVE books.
In high school, I used to work at the library.
So when I go shopping for books, I go with a completely open mind.
My first goal is to find a great book.  Then figure out what I am going to do with the book.
I look at lists online, but there are SO many books that never get the recognition that they deserve, so I don't solely rely on those lists.
That being said, some of the books you will see in this post are ones you might expect.  Others are just ones myself or other teachers found.

The first theme is A Place in This World.



A book to talk about how where you are from helps you to be who you are.


A book that shows that even the homeless have a place they consider home.


A book that shows that the place we most want to be is determined by the important people in our lives.


A book that says, "There is no place like home."


A book that shows sometimes a character has to find a journey to know where they belong.


A book about another adventurous animal!

Now it's time for you to join in on the fun.

Do you have a book that would fit this theme?


EmilyK & Antoinette

Next week: Theme Family


No comments:

Post a Comment