Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Miss Alaineus & Dr. Seuss FREEBIE!

I have been looking forward to today for awhile now!
 I read this book with my students on Monday:

In the story, the main character, Sage, is sick and must stay home, and has to work on vocabulary definitions.  She is confused about the last word, miscellaneous.  She believes it is Miss Alaineus.  When she returns to school, she has an embarrassing moment where she discovers its true meaning.  At the end of the book, the school has a Vocabulary parade. 
After reading this book, what is a teacher to do, but host a Vocabulary Day in your classroom. 
What better day than Leap Day! 
Here are a few of my favorite pics:
By the way she really is a beauty queen. 
She has been on "Toddlers and Tiaras." 
She is so sweet.

A hobo with a knapsack!

Adorable lollipop!

Recycle bin!
The type of dance not the food!
So cute!!


I went as Miss Alaineus

And now for the FREEBIE!
I made a game for Read Across America.

Hope you had a great Leap Day!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment