Thursday, June 21, 2012

(Grad) School is out for summer and changing my room theme

It has been a little bit, since we posted anything. 
I have spent the last month taking a Grad School class about Behavior Interventions. 
It was a great class.  Lots of resources to use with my ASD and non-ASD kids. 
It also clarified why I have to collect all that data about behavior.
The best news is... my class is OVER!
Now onto enjoying summer, and getting the teacher 'creative juices' flowing.

Starting with my room theme.
I have been the polka dot queen for the last 3 years. 
This isn't the best pic, but each of these fabrics is polka dotted.


I've loved this theme, and still do.

As you might remember I am changing grade levels, 5th grade!
I told myself if I ever went back to 5th grade (it's been 5 years since I taught it),
I would do a patriotic theme.

I am in the process to gathering red, white, and blue decor. 
Pre 4th of July sales are making this pretty easy. 
I will have pics of some of the items I collected in my next post. 

Anyone else changing room themes out there? 

Antoinette and I are having lunch on Monday.  
I can't wait!  Lunch with friends is a great benefit of summer break. 
We will be planning some future posts!

EmilyK

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your class! I love the idea of a patriotic theme, especially in 5th grade. I don't know about you but in my state 5th learns about American history during social studies so that sounds just perfect. You are absolutely right this is the perfect time to start gathering stuff. There seems to be red, white, and blue EVERYWHERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Social Studies curriculum goes from explorers to the Civil War. Crazy right!

    ReplyDelete